1. Acne slows down the aging process.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
British researchers proved that the cells of people who suffered from acne have a built-in defensive mechanism against aging. Consequently, as those who have issues with acne get older, they end up looking much younger than those who have a perfect complexion.
2. Crying with an accent© depositphotos.com
When a baby cries, they can imitate a tone similar to their mother’s voice. A baby can hear the mother while they’re still in the womb. Scientists received such results based on the analysis of the 60 babies’ cries born to families speaking French and German.
3. An hourglass body shape is an indicator of high intelligence.© depositphotos.com
A study including the participation of over 16,000 women showed that females who have hourglass body shapes can claim to have a higher intelligence than those who do not. This is due to the fact that women with such figures produce more omega-3 fats that foster brain development and prevent premature aging.
4. Your beard threatens to make you bald.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
Research has shown that the bushier a man’s beard is and the longer he wears it, the more likely it is that he will be bald. The main reason why men go bald is that the absence of hair on the scalp compensates for the heat created by wearing a beard. Thus, your body provides the optimum thermal balance.
5. Cockroaches can bite.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
In most cases, cockroaches don’t bite people when they have their own food. However, it can happen. Their bites can lead to irritation and swelling.
6. Cats have their own navigation system.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
Studies have shown that the cats’ brain cells are very sensitive to the earth’s magnetic field. They give cats directional information like a built-in compass. That’s why cats can easily find their way home wherever they are.
7. A mother’s milk can change its composition.
Mother’s milk can change when a baby gets sick. Researchers think that when a baby is sick, their saliva transmits a signal about the sickness to the mother’s body. As the result, the mother’s body produces more milk with specific antibodies.
8. The inscription on the label “Does not contain cholesterol” is just a publicity stunt.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
The inscription on the label “Does not contain cholesterol” that you can often see on a package of vegetable oil, is merely a publicity stunt. Cholesterol can be found in animal fats only.
9. Men can experience PMS too.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
To be more precise, they have IMS — a syndrome that is connected to a low level of testosterone in the blood. Irritability, depression, and withdrawal result from the lack of this hormone in a man’s body.
10. Pathologically humorous© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
Sometimes, certain damages of the human brain can lead to excessive joking and this is considered to be a neurological disease. In this case, being funny and humorous is thought to be pathological.
11. Watermelon snow exists in nature.© Will Beback/wikimedia
In certain areas like the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, you can see watermelon snow. It’s pink in color and it tastes and smells like a real watermelon. This phenomenon can be explained by the presence of seaweed (Chlamydomonas nivalis) that contains a red color pigment called astaxanthin.
12. Only 22% of people can move their ears.© depositphotos.com
People who are able to move their ears belong to the minority. Some people can do it along with raising their eyebrows. To be exact, only 22% of the world’s population can move each ear separately and only 18% can move them simultaneously.
13. Serial complainers live longer.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
There is some research that indicates that people who complain all the time and aren’t happy about their life, in general, live longer than those who do the opposite. This is because serial complainers whine to relieve stress. That’s why the next time that someone with tears in their eyes complains to you about how miserable their life is, you can do the same thing.
14. Red cabbage can change colors depending on the liquid it’s cooked in.© kirkgoingham/reddit
The color of red cabbage can change during the cooking process. This is due to the fact that water can have different pH levels. For example, in acidic water, red cabbage will remain pink. In neutral water, it turns purple and in alkaline water, it can turn an emerald color.
15. The hearts of lovers beat in sync.© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
When a person is in love, their heart beats to the same rhythm as their partner’s heart. The study also showed that a woman will unconsciously try to get her heartbeat and her breathing rhythm to match her partner’s. It is believed that such a thing can happen due to the fact that people have intuitively learned to imitate the heartbeat of their partner for the sake of a stronger bond.
SoItWas on brightside.me